If you are a small employer according the definition in the Affordable Care Act then you will not face a $2,000 penalty or the $3,000 subsidized employer penalty.
But there are many other things to consider. For example, should you offer health insurance to employees and dependents? Or consider that offering coverage to dependents may cost your employees more because the availability of health insurance from the employer restricts the ability for the dependents to obtain a subsidy in the health insurance exchange.
The articles on this page should provide answers to many of your questions:
- Should Your Small Business Offer Health Insurance in 2014.
- Navigating the Exchange for Small Business Owners and Employees.
- Replace Oregon Workers’ Compensation with a single payer health insurance system?
- Will the Affordable Care Act raise or lower workers’ compensation rates?
- Health Insurance Exchange Notices – Who is enforcing their distribution?
- 2015 Health Insurance Rates have been released.